Integrated English (IE) is our largest program, with six levels of contextualized English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, held daily at various sites, morning, afternoon and evening. Our curriculum is an adaptable platform where competencies are taught that put students on a path to economic mobility through employability and societal integration. IE provides extensive one-on-one support, supplemental skills-building workshops, and wrap-around services via our workforce specialist. Our IE program is open for learners 16 years of age and older.
Our multi-level Integrated English program is a dynamic adult literacy program where English is contextualized with job-readiness, digital literacy, civic engagement, and financial literacy skills. What makes PODER’s multi-level IE program unique is our experiential approach where students obtain hands-on experience on a range of topics specifically needed by the immigrant English learner, from workplace computer software navigation and career exploration to multicultural communication skill development and community services overviews.
The program empowers students to:
- Navigate everyday conversations and transactions in English with greater ease
- Qualify for more and better job opportunities
- Improve digital literacy skills and increase confidence in using 21st century technology
- Learn financial empowerment skills that establish a strong foundation for economic security
- Fully experience the communities and activities that make Chicago a world-class city
- Communicate on behalf of their children and families
- Achieve personal goals and increase confidence
Currently offering VIRTUAL & In-Person courses
We offer 6 levels of English: Intro (Basic) – Level 5 (High Intermediate)
Classes are held both in the mornings and in the evenings.
9:00am to 11:00am
6:30pm to 8:30pm
9:00am to 12:00pm
6:00pm to 9:00pm
3 ways to register for classes:
You will be able to complete your registration information and complete a written placement assessment.
Walk-in is currently unavailable due to COVID-19
We have open registration every day at the following sites and hours:
Marquette Bank (2nd Fl)
6155 S. Pulaski Rd.
Metropolitan Family Services
6422 S. Kedzie Ave
Monday – Thursday
Learn English with PODER on YouTube!
Still not sure about registering?
Check out our YouTube channel and sample videos.
55th St Site
PODER HQ 3357 W 55th St
Marquette Bank (2nd Fl) 6155 S. Pulaski Rd.